Grants & Scholarships
The Devers Program supports an annual program of grants and fellowships for students and faculty who wish to study and conduct research on Dante, or other related areas of Italian studies:
- Devers Travel Grant — Support for Notre Dame graduate students engaging in research related to Dante Studies broadly conceived as well as related areas in Italian Studies.
- Devers Research and Teaching Grant — Support for Notre Dame faculty engaged in research and/or teaching Dante across the Humanities. Funding can be obtained through this program to assist in bringing lecturers to campus, domestic travel associated with research, technical assistance relating to research and teaching, as well as other miscellaneous research needs.
- Travel to Collections — Support for faculty and advanced graduate students from other institutions whose research would benefit from on-site access to Italian Studies related collections at the University of Notre Dame, including the John A. Zahm Dante Collection and the Ambrosiana Archive.
Related funding available at Notre Dame:
- Ravarino Travel Scholarship — Support of summer research and foreign study in Italy for Notre Dame undergraduate and graduate students. Administered by the Department of Romance Languages & Literature.
- Summer Language Abroad Grant Program – Sponsored by the The Center for the Study of Languages & Cultures at Notre Dame, the program provides funding for summer language study abroad.